Return to Main Archive Island Website Archive Island - an upcoming television series :: View topic - Classic Campfire Song Of The 20th Century
Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index Archive Island - an upcoming television series
Looking at the 20th century thru the eyes of the future!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Classic Campfire Song Of The 20th Century
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> Top ten campfire Songs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Campfire Classic Will Be Remembered?
Blowin' In The Wind (Bob Dylan)
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Four Strong Winds (Ian Tyson)
12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
Puff The Magic Dragon (Peter Paul and Mary)
19%
 19%  [ 13 ]
Yellow Submarine (The Beatles)
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Scarborough Fair (Simon & Garfunkel)
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Country Roads (John Denver)
16%
 16%  [ 11 ]
Blackbird (The Beatles)
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Good Riddance 'Time of Your Life' (Green Day)
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
California dreaming(mamas& Papas)
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Unicorn ( Irish Rovers)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 66

shakypainter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Classic Campfire Song Of The 20th Century Reply with quote

*********************** REGISTER TO VOTE ********************

What song do think is most likely to still be sung around campfires in the year 2361? What others can you suggest. Set up your own poll!! It's easy! Just fill out the boxes at the bottom of the screen when you post something.

*********** CAMPING WITH PROFESSOR RAWLINS ****************

In Archivillia, camping is big deal. Because the world population is so high, wilderness areas are in great demand. People have to wait for years for a chance to go camping! Professor Rawlins has special privileges and takes his music studies students camping each year.

What song do you think they might be singing around the campfire in 350 years? Click the link below to find out!

http://www.archivillia.com/ArchiMusicCampfire.html

To hear professor Rawlins introduce new students to the University of Archivillia click here: http://archivillia.com/index.html

The students love Professor Rawlins! We have two valedictorian speeches on the site from the future, one from the class of 2360 and one from the class of 2361. To hear what the class valedictorians have to say about him click the link below:

http://archivillia.com/ValedictorianSpeech.html

R.B. Newberry

Last edited by shakypainter on Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:02 am; edited 8 times in total
donnyduske

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Classic campfire Reply with quote

You forgot to mention ' Unicorn' by the Irish Roovers, now thats a song that will be sung in 300 years,' you got your green alligators and your long hair sheep....DD
nanotecko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Campfire songs Reply with quote

Simon & Garfunkal's song 'Sounds of silence should be on this list!
guitarman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: blowin' in the wind Reply with quote

An excellent choice! Definately a timeless classic! This reminds me, I need to get my guitar out and get practicing again! I really should get out camping with the kids next summer, play that damn guitar! Plant some great memories in their little pre-teen skulls, make sure they remember who wrote the REAL music .... ie, pre-wire them to hate RAP! ...and all this other crap that's coming out lately!
Karth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: campfire songs Reply with quote

'Time of your life' is agood campfire song for sure!
PatsyKlone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Campfire songs Reply with quote

I think that ' El conda passa( If I had a hammer)' is a good sing along campfire song Rolling Eyes
Darklite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Campfire songs Reply with quote

To me the songs that will be remembered as sing songs have to be fairly simple and have a good chorus that every one can sing along to. I would agree with your song list for the most part.
HappyCampy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Campfire songs Reply with quote

Neil Young has a number of songs that are good sing a long campfire songs.' Four strong winds ', which I believe is in your top ten list, as well as 'Old man' and 'Helpless' are all good campfire songs. One of my favorites is 'bye bye love' I think that's by Simon and Garfunkle.
Barneyboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Campfire songs Reply with quote

John Denver has a number of singable campfire songs, 'Rocky mountain high' is another good one.
Simon Cowell's parrot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Nanotucket's post Reply with quote

'Sounds of silence', Simone & Garfungle is not a good campfire song, the best campfire songs are relatively simple and easy to singalong to, Sounds of silence is neither Idea
Ryan Seacrest's housecat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Concernig Simon Cowell's parrot's post Reply with quote

Simon cowell's parrot,s post makes alot of sense, unlike the Parrots 'bannoying' owner Rolling Eyes
Rosanna

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: 'Sounds of silence' Reply with quote

I think Ryan Seacrest cat has a point, ' sounds of silence' is not a campfire song by any standards Very Happy
Zep fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: ohh my god Reply with quote

you all dont know a word of what you are talking about. What has gotten into all of you!! come on this is Led Zeppelin we are talking about we dont need no god danm campfire songs, they dont need to make stupid songs that can "step up to the plate" for special occasions, because their songs are good for all occasions. get your heads straight people.

Sincerely

Robert page plant bonham jones
Potter K.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Led Zeppelin Reply with quote

Led Zeppelin may not have any 'campfiresongs' because the arrangement and structure is too complex for simple sing- alongs by the fire.
Drydendragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Campfire songs Reply with quote

Peter Paul and let's not forget Mary have many 'campfire songs', and they actually released a album in the late 90's called' Around the campfire .'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> Top ten campfire Songs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: