Return to Main Archive Island Website Archive Island - an upcoming television series :: View topic - Greatest Rock Albums Ever
Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index Archive Island - an upcoming television series
Looking at the 20th century thru the eyes of the future!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greatest Rock Albums Ever

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> Top ten Bands of the 20th Century
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Greatest Rock Albums of the 20th Century
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
Led Zeppelin - IV
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
Beatles - Revolver
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
The Who - Who's Next
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
Supertramp - Crime Of The Century
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced?
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
The Clash - London Calling
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 59

shakypainter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Greatest Rock Albums Ever Reply with quote

*******************Register To Vote****************************

Back in the late 1960's and 1970's, The Great rock performers likened their albums (vynil discs) to masterpeices of production and artistic accomplishments. Each song lead into the next, every track followed a theme or an overall feel. One or two tracks may have become hit singles but that wasn't always the case....Painstaking detail was given to the arragements of each track, instrument, lyric and even cover artwork.

Later on in the century, vynil discs would shrink into plastic discs and analog became digital. The "album" became less of a masterpeice but more of a string of songs that were designed to be hit songs on the radio.

Reminisce about the great rock albums of the 20th century and cast your vote for your personal favorite.

Last edited by shakypainter on Wed May 11, 2005 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
xtraxtra7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Greatist Albums20th C. Reply with quote

I guess I can't disagree with your top ten, Although 'Yellow brick road "would be # 11, and 'the white album' # 12... Cool
MonkeyMan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah and Abbey Road would be # 13, The Wall at # 14 and Joshua Tree at # 15
Jen Jen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: What about breakfast in America? Reply with quote

I LOVE supertramp! Why didn't you put breakfast in America on that list?? Every and I mean EVERY freakin song on that alblum is a FANTASTIC song!!
shakypainter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll put Breakfast in America at # 15 and Rumours at # 16 How's that sound.

BTW. Our panel of experts believe that Crime of the Century kicked butt over Breakfast.

Archivillian Command Center

P.S> Let It Bleed stays on the top ten despite of you stones haters out
there. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by shakypainter on Wed May 11, 2005 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Puritza

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: top ten albums Reply with quote

Beatles 'Revolver' is good but I rate 'Rubber soul' over it, songs like 'Norwegan Wood', Nowhere man', ' In my life', 'Michele', are John & Paul at their finest, but its all good..Rita
Klimmer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Best Album Reply with quote

Let's not forget about the debut album from a band in Boston in 1979 !
Jemme7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Top albums Reply with quote

Although I agree with most of the Albums on your list, it's highly debatable that ' Revolver' is the best beatles album. the White Album or Sargent pepper will have a more lasting presence, just my opinion Rolling Eyes
roller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Led Zeppelin 1V Reply with quote

Led Zeppelin 1V is a great record no doubt, but artistically speaking 'Physical graffitti' is a more creative album that really shows their growth into one of the best bands of the 20th century Idea
J. Wong

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Boston best Reply with quote

I agree with the other postie that the debut album by 'Boston' is one of the best albums of the 20th century, it influenced a generation of artist and also changed the way albums were mixed and recorded , it was and still is a masterpiece of studio recording, a sonic delight Idea
Opus in Alabama

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Jen Jen's post Reply with quote

Jen Jen is losing it if she thinks 'Supertramp' should be in the top ten best albums, can you say delusional, boys and girls?
Tammey Faye baker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opus is right, 'Breakfast in america' is a good album, but top ten? Top 100 hundred for sure, but lets be realistic people Exclamation
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Wong is Wrong! Reply with quote

Boston is a mediocre pop band at best, Wong is wrong, to list them in the top ten is crazy, top 100 maybe.
MonkeyMan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boston would be in a category all by it'self. It would probably win the "most technically advanced studio production of it's era" album. Also, the most layered and polished sould i've ever heard, never to be outdone unitil bands like Journey and REO speedwagon would come along.

Tom Scholz was a genious. Hey, do you remember the huge afro on the
drummer? Hilarious!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> Top ten Bands of the 20th Century All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: