Return to Main Archive Island Website Archive Island - an upcoming television series :: View topic - What Is the Top Graduation Theme Song Of The 20th Century?
Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index Archive Island - an upcoming television series
Looking at the 20th century thru the eyes of the future!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Is the Top Graduation Theme Song Of The 20th Century?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> Top ten Graduation Songs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Top Graduation Theme Song Of The 20th Century
The Best Of Times (Styx)
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
Good Riddance 'Time Of Your Life' (Green Day)
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Time (Allan Parsons Project)
17%
 17%  [ 11 ]
Glory Days (Bruce Springsteen)
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
I Will Remember You (Sarah Mclachlan)
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
I Hope You Dance (LeAnn Womack)
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
In My Life (The Beatles)
19%
 19%  [ 12 ]
Breaking up is hard to do ( Neil Sedaka)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Bye Bye Love (P.Simon)
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Where do I begin (Love theme from love story)
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 63

Pan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Nickelback anione?? Reply with quote

how abt Nickelback's Photograph? i think it's got this rugged.. kinda jaded but gifs u this nostalgic feelin
Anna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: another suggestion Reply with quote

I remember the video from the song "Sister Christian" by Night Ranger. Although the lyrics to the song don't seem to have much to do with graduation, it seems to me the video was very much a graduation theme.

Is this a grad song?

Thoughts anyone?

Anna
Sarah B

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Sister Christian Reply with quote

yes i agree, night rangers sister christian is a grad song! - not a great one, but the video is cool - the video has graduation imagery.
Chad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: another idea Reply with quote

how bout, 'in this diary' by the ataris/' anybody?
Cat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: ataris Reply with quote

Never heard of it mate!

thanks for the idea though!
Latonia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Foo Fighters Reply with quote

Times like these - toootally applies! - graduation is a time to remember!
me thinks.
Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: add some bleach! Reply with quote

This Song is by a Band called "Bleach" it is Titled "We are Tomorrow". You are telling your Graduation Class it's time for you to Shine and that you are the future.
Safra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: buncha ideas Reply with quote

Our lives by the calling, Right there behind you by Our lady peace, The sunscreen song by baz luhrmann, Good Riddance by Green Day, Heres to the Night by eve 6 i think, no such thing by john mayer, Float on by modest mouse, Times like these by Foo fighters, Big yellow taxi by counting crows, Someday by Sugar ray...hope i could help

good luck to everybody, hugs and kisses!

Safra Marling, from the year 2361!

http://www.archivillia.com/
Jordan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: kelly clarkson Reply with quote

think a moment like this would be an awsome song its by kelly clarkson

J
Prianka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: spice it up! Reply with quote

Kelly Clarkson - Break Away, Cat Stevens - Remember the days of the old school yard, Lighthouse Family - High, Des'ree - You Gotta Be, Spice Girls - Goodbye (although most people will go... yuck its the spice girls, once you hear it and read the lyrics its a nice song) .... really! check it out!

Prianka
Kim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: more ideas Reply with quote

hey i'm preparing a photo presentation and am in charge or songs for my school's grad and i think the suggestions here have been of some help. i've got some songs too like No SUch Thing by John Mayer, Remember me this way from Casper OST and That's What Friends are for. what do you think?
Tammi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: old and new! Reply with quote

kelly clarkson- breakaway, rod stewart-forever young

i really like Kelly Clarkson - she's the only former idol in my mind that's done songs that will stick around - they might even be still popular and used at grads in the time of Archavillia!

cool concept, btw.

Tmi
Tracy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: the mother lode! Reply with quote

I've been researching for my grad, and thought I would share what i've dug up so far - sorry if this duplicates other songs people have mentioned.

tell me what you think!

World’s Greatest - R. Kelly* I’ll Be There For You - Friends Theme* Graduation - Vitamin C* I Believe I Can Fly - R. Kelly* Please Remember - LeAnne Rimes* I Will Remember You - Sarah McLachlin* I Hope You Dance - LeAnn Womack* Good Riddance - Green Day* That’s What Friends Are For - Dione Warwick* Remember Me This Way - Jordan Hill* Lean On Me - The Temptations* Power Of The Dream - Celine Dion* I’m Moving On - Rascal Flatts* Cruz - Christina Aguilera* Goodbye To You - Michelle Branch* At The Beginning - Anastacia Soundtrack* These Are The Day - 10,00 Maniacs* I Turn To You - Christina Aguilera* Now And Forever - Carole King* Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler* Forever Young - Rob Stewart* Closing Time - Semisonic* One more road to cross - DMX* Here’s To The Night - Eve 6* There You’ll Be - Faith Hill* So Hard To Say Goodbye - Boys II Men* Greatest Love Of All - Whitney Houston* Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion* Our Last Summer - A*Teens* Don’t Get Lost In The Crowd - Ashley Ballard* Were Dancing - P.Y.T.* Friends Forever - Thunderbugs* I Believe - Yolanda Adams* Greatest Story Ever Told - Oliver James* Ride Of Your Life - John Gregory* All Or Nothing -Athena Cage* Hanging By A Moment - Lifehouse* Somewhere, Someday - N Sync*
darin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: foo fighters Reply with quote

hey i think times like these by foo fighters
would be a good grad song since it will be my grad song

the last post had a really good list too!
Cindy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Billy Joel/Boyz II Men Reply with quote

This is the Time to Remember" by Billy Joel
How about It's so hard to say Goodbye" by Boyz II Men

Billy Joel doesn't get enough credit for all the great songs he's written. His 'Just The Way You Are' - is played at tons of weddings!

Todd

btw, what the hell is Archive Island? - is this a new reality show?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> Top ten Graduation Songs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum