Return to Main Archive Island Website Archive Island - an upcoming television series :: View topic - Original Song # 1 - So Long Ago
Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index Archive Island - an upcoming television series
Looking at the 20th century thru the eyes of the future!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Original Song # 1 - So Long Ago

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> Richard Trueman/Barry Moore - Original Songs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shakypainter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Original Song # 1 - So Long Ago Reply with quote

'Long Ago' tells essentially the same story as 'Cities Of The World.' In fact, it's written about the exact same event! The truth be told, it's a drippy love song that could make you puke if you listen to it too many times! (just being honest). At the time I wrote it, though, it was from the heart!

I am considering writing a screenplay based on the theme expressed in these two songs. I envision 'Cities of the World' to be the song that plays as we wrap up the drippy sweet ending of the movie, while 'So Long Ago' would play as the credits are rolling, with shorts shots that recap the movie - so you can kind of enjoy the film with a quickie readers digest version at the end!

I'm one of these people that likes to sit and watch the credits of a film. It's a total bonus if there's a great, feel good song playing at the end! I just sit there and bask in the glow of a great film just watched.

So ... I kind of ended up posting these songs in the wrong order! If you want to imagine the feel good glow you'll get after seeing my film (assuming I ever get it written and sold) - listen to 'Cities Of The World' - THEN this song!

To hear 'So Long Ago' click the link below: (I'm a poet and I don't even know it!)

http://www.archivillia.com/music/Archivillia.com_SoLongAgo.mp3

So Long Ago
Copyright, 1993 Richard Trueman/Barry Moore

the day I met you I was standing all alone
we were floating in the ocean
both a million miles from home
we talked for hours it never felt so right
we were living for the moment on and on into the night
so long ago so strong you know so long ago
it'll never be the same so long ago
so strong you know so long ago it'll never be the same

the day you left me I was standing all alone
as your bus drove to the airport
you were on your way back home
I cried a moment tears rolling down my face
and the town that seemed so lovely was a cold and lonely place
it'll never be the same so long ago
so strong you know so long ago it'll never be the same

as time flew on we talked of life
we kept each other warm
our stories ran like spools of yarn we wove
together memories that would live for ever more
I cried a moment tears rolling down my face
and the town that seemed so lovely was a cold and lonely place
it'll never be the same
so long ago so strong you know so long
it'll never be the same ......

Did you like this song? Email your comments to:

archiveisland@yahoo.com

Please put "So Long Ago" as the subject heading.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> Richard Trueman/Barry Moore - Original Songs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: